Friday, February 4, 2011

TIP OF THE WEEK - Powerful, Free Stock Charting Software

Powerful, Free Stock Charting Software
Jason Brizic
Feb. 4, 2011

I love to use www.stockcharts.com to aid the timing of my buying and selling after I have performed my fundamental analysis. Their graphics are crisp. They are the only website that I have found that combines my favorite indicators on one chart: candlesticks, the continuous commodity index (CCI), Bollinger bands, moving average convergence divergence (MACD), and volume behind the price.

http://bit.ly/StockChartsSample

Here are the steps I take to setup my charts in less than 10 seconds:
1. Leave the Type of chart: set to SharpChart.
2. Type in the ticker symbol and click Go.
3. Change the Period to Weekly.
4. Scroll down to Chart Attributes; change Size to Landscape.
5. Check the following checkboxes: Full Quote, Price Labels
6. Uncheck the Log Scale checkbox.
7. Scroll down to the Overlays area. Change the one that says -None- to Bollinger Bands
8. Scroll down to the Indicators area. Change the one that says RSI to CCI

Unfortunately, the free version does not display dividend information on the chart like the way Google Finance does. To learn how I use these indicators to help time my buys and sells please subscribe to www.myhighdividendstocks.com/feed . I will be explaining them in upcoming posts, so don't forget to subscribe the feed while you are thinking about it.

For more tips, go here:

http://www.myhighdividendstocks.com/category/tip-of-the-week

No comments:

Post a Comment